Last week, I made a post about the specific goals that I would like to focus on that week. I was very successful in maintaining or completing several of them. Others, I still have not integrated into my routine (or I straight up did not do). Every week, I’m going to focus on certain aspects of my goals in working toward the “ideal me.” I know that some of these are really, really basic (“She doesn’t take off her makeup before bed? She doesn’t brush twice a day?”), but they’re little things that I need to improve upon.
1. Get. A. Haircut.
2. When nail polish starts to chip, remove it and re-paint. Right now, I’m rocking purple nails with a nude pink color on each ring finger. They’re still looking pretty sharp, but the latest I should get this done is Monday.
3. Eat a multivitamin every day. I’ve been doing really well on this, but I’m leaving it on the goals list for one more week to hopefully solidify the habit.
4. Remove all makeup before bed. I’ve been ROCKING this, but I’m also going to let this one stay on the list for one more week.
5. Early to bed, early to rise. This one is going to stay on the list for a while. Luckily, I never get to bed later than midnight and I wake up at 7 AM.
6. Brush twice and floss every day. I brush twice a day most days, not not every day. I floss every other day. Getting there!
7. Drink LOTS o’ water. I’m still getting there. I probably drink 2-3 bottles of water per day. I’ll continue to focus on this for at least one more week, probably more.
8. Write one-page journal entries. Okay, this one is really tough. I only wrote one one-page entry last week! This week, I will also focus on not talking on the phone to my boyfriend or skyping with a friend if I’m writing.
9. Submit one job application. I have no good excuses for this one. None at all. For me to get to this, I need to get over my frustration of having applied to so many jobs and not hearing back from any of them. I need to trust that I’m not wasting my time and that something will turn up for me. It has to. The first step is getting back into those applications!
10. Find a healthy recipe and cook something new. I’m really excited about this new goal that I’m adding this week! The rest of these are repeats.
11. Lift weights regularly. Because I have never really done this before, I don’t know if it’s possible to do every day or if I will get sore. This is also a new goal!
And, finally, here are the items that I can remove from last week’s list (drum roll):
1. Make and decorate cookies with royal icing. (Hobbies)
2. Study for two exams Saturday. (Professional)
3. Run a 5K. (Health)