One of my goals of this week was to try a new healthy recipe, so I decided to make sautéed zucchini. Why? It’s quick, it’s pretty darn healthy, and there was an organic zucchini in the fridge just begging to be eaten (it goes bad quickly). Unless we’re talking carrots or celery, I prefer my veggies baked, sautéed, or otherwise cooked. The trick with keeping your recipe relatively healthy is by limiting the amount of oil you use. Inspired by this Chow.com recipe, I decided to venture into this kitchen for this quick and easy zucchini recipe. If you want more specific measurements, feel free to click on the Chow recipe above, which uses four zucchini rather than just the one. I eyeballed everything to taste because I’m a big fan of garlic, but not so much the crushed red pepper.
Crushed red pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat up the EVOO on medium heat until it reaches a simmer.
2. Add a dash of the crushed red pepper and the minced garlic.
3. Add the chopped up zucchini (they should look like thick french fries).
4. Leave the zucchini in the oil until one side is browned. Then, flip over and allow the other side to brown.
5. Add salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese to taste.
6. Enjoy! And share…maybe. 🙂