One of my goals to reach before I turn 24 is to win some kind of contest, sweepstakes, or giveaway. I don’t want to win just anything, though. I want to win something that I actually really want or need that is of a great enough value that I would not be able to afford purchasing myself. I have a feeling that winning any of the items I desire might be one of the hardest things on my list because it has more to do with luck than actual skill or ability. That being said, even if it has nothing to do with a personal accomplishment, my entire year would be made by winning something! Part of it may also be that I need to convince myself that I’m not unlucky. What better way to prove that than by entering contests? As you can see in the picture, I entered to win a tablet but failed. Interestingly, this giveaway goes every day until my end date, December 10, 2013, so I may just have to enter again…and again!
Here is what I have learned so far about entering sweepstakes:
1. Create a designated email address solely for entrances in various sweepstakes.
2. On a related note, be sure to regularly check the spam folder, because you never know when a win notification could be hiding in there.
3. Only spend time entering sweepstakes that you are VERY interested in. For me, that’s for prizes that are trips, smart phones, tablets, cash/gift cards to places where I actually shop, concert tickets for bands I like, workout gear, and certain kitchen appliances.
4. If there is a certain item you desperately want, then do Google searches to help you find and enter as many sweepstakes as possible offering that item.
5. Dedicate a certain minimum amount of time each day to entering sweeps. This could be five minutes or it could be two hours.
6. Check out websites that features sweepstakes. The first one I ever found was sheknows.com, but there are plenty of others out there!
7. Know that certain sweeps allow you to enter more than once. For those, consider using a free software or app that lets you enter info into the fields very quickly.
8. Don’t spend a ridiculous amount of time on the computer trying to win something. In most cases, you’re probably better off using that time to work or build your resume so you can make enough money to pay for the items you’re trying to win.
I still have a LOT to learn about entering sweepstakes, but I think that the main thing is to enter as many as possible to increase your likelihood of winning. Have you ever won anything? Do you have any advice or tips to add to the list?
May the odds be ever in your favor!