Wow! I can’t believe that I have been nominated for my very first blog award, the Best Moment Award by the wonderful 278 to Boston. I encourage you to check out his blog where he details his journey to running a marathon (ultimately leading to the Boston Marathon). If you need inspiration to run, then look no further; you won’t believe that he’s in his fifties, used to be 278 pounds, and probably runs more than you! This nomination really helps keeps me motivated to continue trying my very best in my own journey toward my ideal self. So, thank you so much for the thoughtful nomination; it means a lot.
Here are the rules:
1. Display the logo.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State seven things about yourself.
1. I got serious about getting fit and healthy when I realized I was too weak to pick up a four-year-old boy at my summer job.
2. I am a classically trained violinist and I have been playing since I was four years old.
3. I am a certified middle and high school English teacher in search of a job (preferably in the Chicago area) after completing student teaching.
4. My absolute two favorite foods in the world are pizza and smoothies.
5. I have been dating my boyfriend for over two years and I sometimes forget that we are different races (he’s Vietnamese). As far as I’m concerned, we and are both compassionate human beings and that’s all that matters!
6. I had absolutely no desire to wear a pair of pants until I was in third grade and even now I still prefer dresses.
7. The only book that I have ever started to read without ever finishing is In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers (or however many you can) for the award. I haven’t been around WordPress for very long, so I’ll nominate my some of my favorite blogs with which I’ve come into contact since I started (not including 278 to Boston, of course!). I would love to get to know all of you even better. 🙂 These are in no particular order.
100 Days of Evelyn
Honk If You’re Vegan
Life at Le Rheims
A Hundred Affections
Project Light to Life
Joshua S. Nye
Not the fat kid in gym class anymore
25 before I’m 25
Ten Thousand Dancing Stars
Grace Got Healthy
kaftan to bikini
hiking to healthy
Fit for a year