Welcome to Week Five! I thought I would make an update on how I have been doing in terms of my goals.
1. I reached my goal BMI of 20.0! Now, all I have to do is maintain it indefinitely. I also now wear size 2 pants, size 0 skirts, and size 0 dresses. This is absolute perfection for my body.
2. I found a pair of skinny jeans that make my butt look good! Well, at least decent. Jeans generally don’t look amazing on my pear-shaped body type, which is why I love dresses and skirts so much. Generally, jeans just accentuate the fact that I have short legs and they make my butt look blah. I do want to have a staple good pair of jeans, though because sometimes life just calls for jeans. Now I am happy to say that I have a pair! These dark wash skinny jeans were only $30 from American Eagle. They are size 2 short, which fit decently well, although you can see that the excess material bunches at my ankle because I’m pretty darn short. I just read that AE has petite options online, but I’m not one for purchasing clothes online that I haven’t tried in person first. In any case, these babies will do just fine paired with heels or boots!
3. I have been doing a fabulous job keeping a food/exercise journal. It’s pretty simple: I just write down exactly what I eat, include calories if I have time, and write every workout I do, too. Now that it’s more of a habit, it doesn’t seem like as big of a deal to maintain. I’m going to continue doing this until I am confident that I regularly eat healthily.
4. No job news, but I have continued to make daily efforts in securing one. I have sent thank you notes and emails, I have made follow-up phone calls, and I have applied to absolutely every job I could possibly find. I will never, ever give up!
5. I finished reading Brief Interviews with Hideous Men. I have been reading sporadically, but at least it’s progress. I just need to get a hold of a bunch of books I’ve been wanting to read, then I’ll be good to go.