Reality hit me today that I turn 24 in six days! Even though the journey to turning 24 has been important, I am all the more dedicated to making 24 an absolutely incredible year. While sleep-deprived at 6:15 AM during my last overnight shift, I drafted a bucket list to be completed before I turn 25.
I’m not going to include the whole thing on here right now because it hasn’t been finalized yet, but I thought I would offer a taste of what is on it:
- Either complete a triathlon or at least be registered for one in 2015.
- Go to at least one live concert of a band/artist you love. Preferably more!
- Finish watching every single AFI movie on both 1998 and 2007 lists.
- Run a 10K or a half marathon if I get really into running.
- Make a time capsule and bury it somewhere that won’t be disturbed for many years.
- Visit Yosemite National Park, Alaska, or Alberta, Canada. Backpack.
- Make London study abroad scrapbook.
- Visit both siblings at college.
- Visit bff at grad school.
- Learn how to comfortably parallel park.
I want 24 to be awesome because a) It’s the last year that I’m closer to 20 than 30, b) It’s my favorite number!, c) I love having an excuse to push myself in the sake of self-improvement. When I’m 25, I will have my specific goals. The same goes for when I’m 26 or 46 or 56. For now, I’m focusing on the now: enjoying the last few days of being 23 and looking forward to everything a new year and a new age will bring. 🙂