Beauty. Vanity. Whatever you want to call it (the grammarian in me cringes at this blatant sentence fragment). This section relates to some of my surface-level self-improvement goals.
- Protect your skin. Purchase and then use proper skincare products daily. This probably involves a moisturizer, toner, cleanser, defoliant, and who knows what else. Figure it out and establish a proper skincare routine.
Also, wear minimum SPF 30 sunblock every day you’ll be in the sun at all.
- Learn how to (really) wear makeup. Purchase makeup products like primer, foundation, and blush. Then, figure out a daily makeup look that works for you, as well as more daring weekend looks.
ALWAYS remove makeup before bed.
- Get a haircut every three months. Consider getting an “out of character” haircut, which might include layers and/or side bangs (even if you do it once and start growing it out again immediately).
- Purchase high quality clothing that fits well. Less is more (*cough* no more Forever 21 dresses). Try petite clothing at places like J. Crew or consider getting outfits for work tailored.
- Your wardrobe should have the following:
jeans that make your butt look good, a matching skirtand blazer outfit for interviews, a colorful cocktail dress (or, you know, a handful), a sexy “going out” dress.
- Now for the shoes: comfortable yet fashionable work shoes, Sperry’s, comfortable “going out” heels, and gym shoes.
If wearing nail polish, it should look fresh. If not, use nail polish remover. No chipping!